The below questions are split up by topic and cover some of the common questions that arise. Hopefully these help with your planning! Feel free to email me if you have follow up questions.
Student Life & Housing
- When do I need to arrive?
- When will I sign up for housing and what are my options?
- When will I receive my housing assignment?
- What is the likelihood of securing a single room?
- Can I choose my roommate?
- Can I find my own housing?
- Am I able to cancel my NYU assigned housing? Will I receive a refund?
- How do I get a phone for use abroad?
- How will I access money abroad?
- I don’t know anyone else going on the program. Help!
- What is my address in Tel Aviv?
- Can I mail items to the site in advance?
The most robust list of all academic FAQs can be found on our webpage here. The below reflects some of the most common questions that arise.
- When will I register for courses?
- How do I register for courses?
- What courses do I have to take?
- I have to take a certain course while I’m abroad. How can I guarantee that I’ll get it?
- Can I do an internship in Tel Aviv and how can I apply?
- How do I get my textbooks?
- What are the Important Dates of the Program?
Billing & Financial Aid
- How do I pay my reservation fee?
- What are the costs of the program?
- What Scholarships and Financial aid are available to me?
- When can I expect to receive my bill and how can I pay it?
Health & Safety
- Does NYU Provide International Health Insurance?
- Do I need to maintain my home insurance?
- What kind of coverage does the NYU International Insurance provide?
- What if I need counseling while abroad?
- Do I need personal property insurance?
- How do I get a Passport?
- Do I need a visa and how do I get one?
- Who can I contact with questions about the Visa Process?