Note that as communications are launched, your To-Dos will be linked to more info.
Newly admitted students (All actions to take place immediately/ASAP):
- Review introductory information on blog and communication from Office of Global Services. This includes our detailed visa instructions.
- Renew/obtain your passport! Your passport MUST be valid through at least November 2017 (6 months BEYOND the last day of your stay in Israel). Upload a copy of your passport to OGS. This must be a scan of both the bio and signature pages of the passport (no extra objects in photo, i.e. table, hand, etc.)
- Complete the Student Information Form (even if waiting on a renewed passport).
- International Students: Meet with an International Student Advisor at OGS to discuss maintaining your F-1 or J-1 status while studying abroad.
- By November 4 – Complete the Study Away Module (Coming soon!)
- November 5, 9 am – 12 pm– All students in NYC must attend NYU Tel Aviv’s Pre-Departure Orientation. Orientation materials will be made available to students outside of NYC.
- November 7 – Study Away Confirmation Portal available
- By November 18 – Complete Study Away Confirmation Portal and Submit Housing Reservation Payment
- November 18th: DEADLINE to submit required immigration forms to OGS. OGS will send you the appropriate forms before this deadline with additional instructions.
- By November 15 (for students admitted November 1) –Confirm your place in the program
- Week of November 14-18 – Register for Courses
- Plan ahead, By December 1 – Submit flight details on Study Away Confirmation Portal
- Plan ahead, By December 1 – Submit health forms to Student Health Center
- ASAP – Make an appointment to come see me with any questions at 383 Lafayette Street, 4th floor (located in New York). I’m also available by Skype appointment outside of this time frame if you are not in the area (email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule).
- November 15 – Preparing to Study Away: Religion and Spiritual Life Panel
- November 16 – Gender and Dating Norms Panel
- November 17 – Students of Color Panel
- November 21– Panel on LGBTQ Life Abroad
- Deadline November 25 – Apply to be a Wasserman Global Peer